Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Sweet & Savory from Miraval Chefs


Title: Sweet & Savory from Miraval Chefs
Author: Justin Cline Macy, Kim Macy
Format: egalley
Pub. Date: January 7th 2014
Source: Netgalley & Hay House, Inc

★★★★

Four stars.

Sweet and Savory by Miraval Chefs is a collaborative cookbook featuring recipes from the husband and wife team of chefs at the Miraval Resort & Spa. This book contains recipes for meals, salads, breakfasts, and desserts alike and offer a healthier look at some recipes that we know and love.

This title had a very wide variety of dishes that all had easy to follow recipes, making them usable by anybody who picks up the book. What is really intriguing about this book for me is the pictures that were included inside. They're very bright and colorful, and leap off the page. It made me want to cook immediately.

One thing that I didn't realize when I requested this title for review is that this is a spa-like, healthier look at recipes. There are a lot of recipes that are gluten-free and low-fat recipes are included. This is something that I'm sure will prove useful to those searching for healthier alternative reasons. However, those recipes are not something that I myself aren't interested in.

All of that aside, there are definitely recipes from this book that I can't wait to try for myself, including Passion Fruit Souflee Glace, Honey Lavender Gelato, and Venison Chili.

I'd recommend this book for people considered about extra calories, who has gluten concerns, or who just want to add a few more bright dishes to their culinary repatoire. Thank you so much to Netgalley & Hay House, Inc for my chance to read this title.

2 comments:

  1. I loved looking through this book with you, and all of the recipes look amazingly delicious! This is surely another addition to the books we need in our kitchen!

    ReplyDelete