Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

Well, I suppose I should do something (semi)productive today. I was supposed to go to a bridal shower. I was super excited! It's Kentucky Derby themed, and I had a lovely dress with lace glovelets and a sun hat. But wouldn't you know it? I fell ill, and can't go ;-; So, I'm sulking, watching shows on Netflix, and blogging. And I came across this fun survey from Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner. So, I'm going to do it to make me feel better, haha!




Author you’ve read the most books from:

The one and only R.L. Stine. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the Fear Street series!


Best Sequel Ever:

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I couldn't put it down!


Currently Reading:

Eating My Feelings: Tales of Overeating, Underperforming, and Coping with My Crazy Family by Mark Rosenberg. It's pretty hilarious.


Drink of Choice While Reading:

Bigelow's Cinnamon Stick tea with milk and sugar. Scrumptious.


E-reader or Physical Book?

Definitely physical book, though I admit my Kindle is handy for the long train ride from my college to my girlfriend's house (nine hours x_x)


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. He's sweet and awkward and shy and likes the Rocky Horror Picture Show and good music. Oh yes, if he gave me a chance, I would definitely have dated him.


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I was afraid to read it with all the movie hype going on, but I loved it.


Hidden Gem Book:

Skeleton Women by Mingmei Yip. It's a stunning book that doesn't get enough hype.


Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Reading Harry Potter. I made fun of my friend Ben in first grade for reading them. He got mad and screamed "YOU'VE NEVER EVEN READ THEM." I had no comeback. I read the first book with the intent of hating it and rubbing it in his face, but I ended up falling in love with the series.


Just Finished:

Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts. I actually rather enjoyed it, despite some not-so-nice reviews I read.


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

There's no genre that I won't read, but I'm not a huge fan of Christian fiction or crime novels.


Longest Book You’ve Read:

Well, I'm not counting the Bible. So next in line is Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. Amazing book, amazing musical.


Major book hangover because of:

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. So much shattering of the soul.


Number of Bookcases You Own:

Sadly, one. The rest of my books are in boxes and stacks, since I move between school, my house, and Emily's house so often. I'm in much need of more shelves!


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's my favorite book, and it never gets old.


Preferred Place To Read:

Emily's bed. It is the most comfortable thing ever.


Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“At the end of the day it's about how much you can bear, how much you can endure. Being together, we harm nobody; being apart, we extinguish ourselves.” from the aforementioned Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


Reading Regret:

Not blogging sooner!


Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

I have so many, good lord. But since I have to pick one, I'll say The Series of Unfortunate Events. I think I stopped at book ten.


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Dracula by Bram Stoker, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma.


Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Harry Potter. No shame in my game. Slytherin for life. Word.


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Cress by Marissa Meyer. Why is February so far away!?


Worst Bookish Habit:

Getting book ADHD and starting 12 books at once -_-


XMarks The Spot:

Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
City of Masks by Mary Hoffman


Your latest book purchase:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. Thrift stores, for the win.


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I just had to see how it, tragically, ended.

What about you?

10 comments:

  1. Dracula is a great read, it's one of the few classics I could read multiple times.

    And yes, February is so far away! I hope it rolls around soon.

    Here's my survey.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. So many great reads are coming out in 2014!

      Delete
  2. I still can't get over you saying my bed is the best place to read -blush-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is. The crevasse, more specifically.

      Delete
  3. I'm amazed how many bloggers mention Harry Potter as being an important part of their reading life! I love that.

    I'm going to have to read Dracula again. I haven't read it in years, and I love it. Great list! Thanks for stopping by to read my survey:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It inspired a whole generation of readers!

      Delete
  4. I've never read Dracula, I think I need to change that. And I love your Harry Potter story. Amazing how many important moments that series created! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, please do. It's such a great classic.

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Jillyn I love RL Stine books, I also re-read Dracula, it's definitely my most favourite classic :D

    A-Z Survey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. His books are like crack haha.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete