Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

F in Exams: The Funniest Test Paper Blunders by Richard Benson


Title: F in Exams: The Funniest Test Paper Blunders
Author: Richard Benson
Format: Paperback, 127 pages
Pub. Date: September 1st 2008
Source: Christi the Teen Librarian blog

★★★

Three Stars.

F in Exams is a book that every student can relate to. It is a short collection of some of the cleverest and idiotic answers ever written on tests. It is divided by subject (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Math, Business & Technology, Psychology, History & Geography, and English) so that the reader can look at a specific class, whether it is their favorite or perhaps the one that they guessed on a lot in high school too.

------

+ This was a very short, funny read that didn't pretend to be anything other than what it was. It is simply test answers and questions chronicled onto paper. No added commentary, just hilarity.

+It's something that I think that every student, past or present, can relate to and laugh at. I know that geometry was my doom in high school, and that I actually drew a picture in lieu of an answer on my recent Theater 101 exam in college.

+It's for all ages. I read this aloud with my mom for a bit of cheering up, and we both found it equally amusing.

My personal favorite reply was in the Physics section. The question was What does a transformer do? and the answer was It can go from being a robot to a sports car in three seconds.

Overall this book is a quick, amusing read, but I probably won't read it again. If it happens to come into your collection, or if you are currently a student or a teacher, then I would read this book. If not, I don't think you're missing out on anything too crucial.

Thank you to Christi the Teen Librarian blog for my copy.

2 comments:

  1. I can has? It sounds right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can has. It'll probably just sit on my shelf otherwise.

    ReplyDelete